Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Julie hirt   Dislimbed   Julie hirt  
 Member  Message

Julie hirt
View Profile

Need advice

Hi I have a young brown basilisk that developed an eye infection, possibly caused by not shedding properly . I took her to the vet ( local vet specializes in herps)and we treated with topical antibiotics for10 days with little improvement. We then did I.M baytril for 6 days with vitamin A drops to eyes. This seemed to help briefly but her eyes still are not right (best i can describe is almost like inner lid is opaque) giving her a somewhat walleyed appearance lately we have tried neosporin which seems to have helped a bit. my concern is that we have been force feeding her for nearly a month now as she cant seem to see the crickets to feed this is causing her great stress. Has anyone experienced this or have any further advice on what to do. Person at the pet store is out of ideas and says to keep doing what im doing and hope for the best. other than this she seems pretty healthy all things considered.
sorry this is so wordy any suggestions appreciated

11/01/08  08:51am

Dislimbed
View Profile

Message To: Julie hirt   In reference to Message Id: 1891185

Need advice

I think you’ll have better luck at the waterdragon forum(i think i’ve seen them talking about this and they know their stuff).
they have pretty much the same care so it wont matter that they are different.

water dragon forum

11/01/08  11:51pm

Julie hirt
View Profile

Message To: Dislimbed   In reference to Message Id: 1891636

Need advice

Done , thanks

11/02/08  07:40am

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area