Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Mjli nuogenerm   Ganababy91   Mjli nuogenerm   Gottee guy  
 Member  Message

Mjli nuogenerm
View Profile

Ailing basilisk (Warning graphic details)

i have had my adult green basilisk for a little over four years and hes was full grown when i got him. he had previously suffered from MBD but had been rehabilitated after i got him. he had been eating and drinking well until recently when he stopped drinking altogether. his eyes then closed up and began to ooze a strange yellow liquid. after contacting my veterinarian i applied antibiotics to the eyes but the situation still persists. without being able to see he has been unable to eat properly so i had to begin a regimen of hand feeding. he has since ceased to eat and no has began to regurgitate a bloody substance. the oozing from the eyes has also turned from the sticky yellow liquid to blood. i have continuously contacted my reptile veterinarian and they have decided that there is nothing that can be done and that i should just make him as comfortable as i can while he remains. i am here looking for an explanation for this illness and or any possible cures though i am already prepared for the worst. any help or explanations will be greatly appreciated.

MJLI

09/16/08  01:07pm

Ganababy91
View Profile

Message To: Mjli nuogenerm   In reference to Message Id: 1861019

whats your lighting?
what kind of uvb do you use?

some uvb’s can cause blindness and death due to it..

10/01/08  03:29pm

Mjli nuogenerm
View Profile

Message To: Ganababy91   In reference to Message Id: 1872421

the UVB was from direct sunlight and the heating was from a basic flood lamp that was adjusted using a dimmer switch.

after being ill for quite some time my basilisk finally passed away and the veterinarian still has no idea as to the cause of the illness. her best guess was some sort of major organ failure due to age.

R.I.P. Marlin

MJLI

10/31/08  03:20pm

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: Mjli nuogenerm   In reference to Message Id: 1890908

could it have been RI?

11/24/08  08:31am

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area