Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

SoulTear   Dweezle   Krissilee   Yexalen  
 Member  Message

SoulTear
View Profile

Why does my basilisk Ozwald hate me? :(

I thought i was treating my brown basilisk like a king but whenever I mist him he jumps at me and tries to bite me... I don’t know if hes just mad i got him wet or what. I’m not very experienced with reptiles so I’m not even sure if this is normal. Was just wondering on any pointers on how to mabey reduce the anger he has towards me during a misting? Any tips would be appreciated thanx :)

07/18/08  11:59am

Dweezle
View Profile

Message To: SoulTear   In reference to Message Id: 1800491

This is normal my female green basilisk is the same there is noway she will let me near her

07/19/08  02:39pm

Krissilee
View Profile

Message To: SoulTear   In reference to Message Id: 1800491

Just wanted to let you know, my basalisk is VERY tame and sweet, yet he does this too. I don’t know if it’s the same as what mine does though, he just jumps with his mouth open towards the water-maybe they just want a cool drink....?

07/20/08  03:34am

Yexalen
View Profile

Message To: Krissilee   In reference to Message Id: 1802762

Most of the time Basilisks are not social or "tame" lizards. They can be agressive and they can be "gentle"

More common you get an agressive one.

One thing I notice with all my tropical lizards (not sure if its the same with Basilisks) is that you dont want to mist them but mist their surroundings. Dont mist them and get them wet, misting the area will raise humidity and in turn give him the moisture he needs, also the water dish helps as well, if he needs to get wet he will. Just mist his cage to add humidity instead of direct water on him. Do you mist with a spray bottle? Maybe its because its unnatural... try a automatic mister, humidifier, or a drip system... he might just not like "rainfall"

07/22/08  05:50am

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area