View Profile

Vield and basilisk mix

is it okay?

04/10/08  03:26pm

Seiryu
View Profile

Message To: Kevim   In reference to Message Id: 1697670

Vield and basilisk mix

I have never heard of mixing Basilisk with Chameleons.

However, even if it was "OK" to put them together, it doesn’t mean you should and personally, you shouldn’t.

If you can’t afford/don’t want to take the time to house them correctly, than you probably shouldn’t be having both.

Basilisk can be very territorial and flighty. They also stress very easily, so if they see another lizard in a spot they want to go to, it could result in violence.

Remember, basilisk need at LEAST a 4x4x4 feet enclosure, anything smaller is not helping your basilisk.

04/10/08  05:17pm

Ambiguous666
View Profile

Message To: Kevim   In reference to Message Id: 1697670

Vield and basilisk mix

NO OF COURSE ITS NOT, WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP ASKING THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.

WHATS IS SOMEONE GOING TO ASK NEXT???

"UH IS A PARROT AND A BASILISK OK TOGETHER?"

NO DONT MIX SPEICIES, THEY BARELY GET ALONG WITH THERE OWN KIND FOR PETE SAKES...

04/11/08  05:38am

Lopo
View Profile

Message To: Seiryu   In reference to Message Id: 1697847

Vield and basilisk mix

ok well i know this sounds really stupid but it aint no parrot i have 3 green anoles and a brown basalisk in a 125gallon tank since they were babies and i keep upgrading. the only way mixed habitats ever work is if they are grown from early on. if u stick 2 full grown different species lizards in a tank im calling aspca on your lol i know that the basalisk shouldnt be with the others and i have other tanks but if they have always lived well together should i move him?

05/17/08  10:54am

Dislimbed
View Profile

Message To: Lopo   In reference to Message Id: 1738155

Vield and basilisk mix

No lopo. Just no.

Bad.

05/18/08  02:53am

Seiryu
View Profile

Message To: Dislimbed   In reference to Message Id: 1738842

Vield and basilisk mix

Seperate the brown Basilisk from the Anoles. Also with the Anoles, seperate the males as well. EVEN if they grew up together, it doesn’t mean they won’t fight.

I have 2 basilisk and they were brothers. Had them in a 75g from 3 weeks to 6months or so. Had to seperate them because they started nibbling at one another. It wasn’t vicious, just sort fof "play" biting, that never broke skin. Until recently (2 weeks ago) I used to give them baths together. Neither tried to bite each other and now I can’t because they constantly chase each other.

Anyways, all in all, mine used to sleep on each other and run around the tank together, Now they just head bob and puff out when they see each other. So definitely seperate them and the Basilisk would need a 4x4x2 at the VERY minimum. 4x4x4 is my minimum and each of mine have a 6x5x4.

05/18/08  08:43am

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area