Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Sivajon11   Smokey Jungle Frog   Sivajon11   Suicidepill   Bkrdave36   Sunfire,Firestarter  
 Member  Message

Sivajon11
View Profile

Baby green basilisk wont eat please help!!!!!

i just got a baby green basilisk on Tuesday and it will not eat Ive tried little crickets ,and i tried feeding it in its cage and a container, I’m afraid its going to die

its 6 and 1/4 inches long

someone please help!

02/29/08  05:09pm

Smokey Jungle Frog
View Profile

Message To: Sivajon11   In reference to Message Id: 1642811

i had a basilisk for 3 years and when i first got it, it didn’t eat for propobaly 1.5 weeks. then it stated eating all of a sudden. and you have only had yours for 3 days. i wouldn’t worry to much, yet atleast.

02/29/08  07:19pm

Sivajon11
View Profile

Message To: Smokey Jungle Frog   In reference to Message Id: 1642964

alright thanks alot , i just dint want it to die Cuz there such cool lizard,i just didn’t know what was wrong cuz Ive had a gecko a blue spinney swift crevice swift ,mountion horned dragon and a green Ameiva ,and they were crazy eaters,so i decided to get a basilisk ,and i was worried .so you think it will be fine?

02/29/08  07:28pm

Suicidepill
View Profile

Message To: Sivajon11   In reference to Message Id: 1642975

Yes as smokey said alot of lizards will not eat for a week or two because of their new environment and moving stress.
As long as you are giving it the right care everything should be fine, if it goes too long then get a vet check up(wich you should anyways most basilisks are WC).

02/29/08  08:31pm

Bkrdave36
View Profile

Message To: Suicidepill   In reference to Message Id: 1643066

You may also want to be sure it has plenty of clean water. I know my guy loves to sit in his tub and drink the water straight, or he will lick it off the branches when the mister goes off every couple of hours.

03/20/08  06:57pm

Sunfire,Firestarter
View Profile

Message To: Sivajon11   In reference to Message Id: 1642811

Just put the crickets in the cage and leave them alone your basilisk will learn to hunt for food I did that and now mine don’t like to be hand feed. They love to Chase their food, its an exercises for them.

03/30/08  10:55am

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area