Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Dino805   Suicidepill   Jawstheme  
 Member  Message

Dino805
View Profile

CAN I PUT LITTLE GOLDFISH IN THE WATER BOWL ?

just wondering if i can put gold fish little ones in the water and will the basilisk eat them? also my basilisk hasnt went in the water ever since i got him i dont know why please help because i know they belong in the water also right? heres a pic of my water bowl ideas of improvment will help also

12/04/07  11:46pm

Suicidepill
View Profile

Message To: Dino805   In reference to Message Id: 1536275

only if your basilisk will NOT eat them because goldfish carry a parasite or something i forget and reptiles cant have that.
your swimming area looks shallow. that could be why.is it too cold maybe?
you could try rosie red minnows as long as they come from a clean place.

12/05/07  09:19pm

Jawstheme
View Profile

Message To: Suicidepill   In reference to Message Id: 1537067

all fish are going to have some parasites on them or in them, what i would do is buy a load of guppies. they are usually captive bred. then put them in an other aquairum. and treat them with worming meds. then after final treatment leave for a month to make sure that all traces of meds are gone. then add them to basilisk tank.
altnatvly have your basilisk wormed ( or re-wormed as all new pets should be when first purchesed) then anything that the fish gives him will die. the guppies will breed in your tank so he will have a constant supply of ’clean’ fish should he chose to eat them.

12/10/07  04:42pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area