Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Xmasiguanas   Die   Suicidepill   Geezle   Die  
 Member  Message

Xmasiguanas
View Profile

Basilisks help

my friend has a plumed basilisk and it looks horriable just wondering a couple of questions?
1. rate of growth fast or extermly slow?
2.why toes are falling off?
3.how to cure mouth root?
i am very experinced with iguanas, beardies, frillys, monitors, and some geckos
just dont really know much about basilisks and want to help him out and have all readly have completey redone his cage will post pics next time i go out there
thank anyone who helps
Dean

10/23/07  08:44pm

Die
View Profile

Message To: Xmasiguanas   In reference to Message Id: 1488193

Basilisks help

well i got a green basilisk from a guy that didnít feed her n had no idea what she ate... or the proper lighting i donít know the rate of growth but the toes could be from not enough calcium n other minerals that it needs mine had the rot thing to but it was on her nose after a while it should heal but u should take him/her to the vet if it donít

10/25/07  04:45pm

Suicidepill
View Profile

Message To: Xmasiguanas   In reference to Message Id: 1488193

Basilisks help

they should grow fast with good care
toes are falling off from the shed constricting the toes so they dont get blood flow,humidity is too low so the shed cant get off.
for the mouth rot i would ask the waterdragon forum, they know what to do.

10/25/07  05:18pm

Geezle
View Profile

Message To: Suicidepill   In reference to Message Id: 1490299

Basilisks help

The toes could be a couple different things. It may be lack of humidity - if itís too dry the basilisk wonít shed properly and may lose toes/claws in the process. Depending on the furnishings in the enclosure it also may be getting itís claws caught up in say a screen or cloth or something. When they get caught the only thing they can really do is pull, and if theyíre caught up good they could pull claws off that way as well.

11/03/07  11:54am

Die
View Profile

Message To: Geezle   In reference to Message Id: 1499595

Basilisks help

well mine had theat mouth rote and nose i just kept the cage very clean n sanitized it often to keep bacteria out n it cleared up in a few mounths... now u cant tell that ne thing was wrong w/ her

12/01/07  11:31pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area