Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Smokey Jungle Frog   Die  
 Member  Message

Smokey Jungle Frog
View Profile

New Green Basilisk

i am new to green basilisks and just puchased one today. it was $40. i have it in a 50 tall tank with a large water dish some fake plants, about 2" of fir and spagnum peat moss mix, and some dead bamboo for him to climb on. (is this a good setup)

it is about 8"or 9" long and bright green with blue spots, black and yellow blotches on itís back and orange eyes. not sure if it is a male or female. i do know how to though just to small.

i heard that they are omnivores and today i put in alittle banana and apple. he was tasting it but not eating it.

please respond to what i have typed and if you have any questions or comments please fell free to respond!!!!!!!

08/27/07  07:44pm

Die
View Profile

Message To: Smokey Jungle Frog   In reference to Message Id: 1421792

New Green Basilisk

well i have had mine now for 6 months and she is still trying to test the limits ill let her go.... i heard that to my baby looks at things and if they dont move she wont eat it....that size tank should work i not sure because i asked the guy a the pet shop if my tank will work becouse its a 40 gl tall and i told him that she loves to be out w/ me i had an enclosur that took up my whole wall n she didnt want to be in it

12/04/07  05:52pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area