Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Kypsalis   IZZARDLOVER2   Kypsalis   IZZARDLOVER2   Kypsalis   IZZARDLOVER2  
 Member  Message

Kypsalis
View Profile

Getting Crikey a buddy

Hi folks. Iíve currently got a female Brown Basilisk named Crikey. Sheís housed in a 50 gallon temporarily until I can build her a larger enclosure. At a local pet store there is a male basilisk which has been there for at least 3 months. The poor guy has only one branch and a small water dish in a 20 gallon exo terra. Iím thinking I want to pick him up but I want to make sure the two of them will be ok together first. Any ideas for me? I really feel for the little guy but I donít want to stress Crikey out or give her a bad situation.

06/14/07  04:24pm

IZZARDLOVER2
View Profile

Message To: Kypsalis   In reference to Message Id: 1318537

Getting Crikey a buddy

go for it. In a 55 gal u could house 1 male and 2 females. but since you have a 50 gal i think it would be great.

IL2

06/14/07  05:17pm

Kypsalis
View Profile

Message To: IZZARDLOVER2   In reference to Message Id: 1318592

Getting Crikey a buddy

Cool...thanks...:) Every time I go in there I visit the guy and I really feel terrible for him. Do you think Iíll have to worry about any dominance situations?

06/14/07  06:46pm

IZZARDLOVER2
View Profile

Message To: Kypsalis   In reference to Message Id: 1318698

Getting Crikey a buddy

O.k. you just have to introduce them the right way. clean out the whole cage, i mean everything out. then replace all bedding. before you put the new bedding in wash out the cage or wipe it down (depends on if its glass or wood) with warm water. after that rub every piece of foliage, wood, ornament you can see that was in it. put everything back in but in totally different areas. When the cage is in place introduce the new one first into the cage. Then later that day introduce the original home owner. If that doesnít go smoothly, separate them immediately. Hopefully they wont clash, but be ready. Basilisks are severely ruthless when it comes to fighting. Hope it works out, any more questions just ask.

IL2

06/14/07  07:05pm

Kypsalis
View Profile

Message To: IZZARDLOVER2   In reference to Message Id: 1318724

Getting Crikey a buddy

I never would have thought to do that...but Iíll definitely do it that way. Thanks very much for the advice. :)

06/14/07  07:34pm

IZZARDLOVER2
View Profile

Message To: Kypsalis   In reference to Message Id: 1318771

Getting Crikey a buddy

your welcome

xD

IL2

06/14/07  07:41pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area