Ball Python Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

JaixDara   JaixDara  

Member  Message

JaixDara
View Profile

Overfed and Soaking???

Hi :).. I think i should clarify before I’m read to filth about husbandry and what not; I’m new to the site and new to taking care of ball pythons, but I have been studying them for a VERY long time. I have a 3yr old named Mouse and I rehomed her from someone who didn’t have her under the proper care: Heat lamps instead of under the tank heat pads (she has been switched over WITH a thermostat- Highest temp 85 to 90), one hide only, etc. I am working on getting her another but am taking care of the heating situation first. She was doing perfectly fine, using her hide, drinking water, pooping fine, very friendly (still is) and eating like a champ...unfortunately that is where my issue may lie... the gentleman i got her from claims that she ate TWO MEDIUM SIZED RATS. Initially, I thought that would be too much for her to handle, so when I fed her for the first time it was with one medium sized rat. Her response is good, very quick, but I noticed she was still actively searching after her meal. I waited two weeks to feed her again, this time testing that "two rats only" statement...she ate both fairly quickly. Here is my issue, she has been soaking for majority of the day for a week... she does come out and go into her hide, but in the night she will go into her water dish and sit. Even when I come home from school, she is still in there. She is not always "full body in" like right now it is just tail and upper body. I have checked for mites, I have no other reptiles and she has not left this room. No one has held her but me and this behaviour all started after I fed her as her previous owner instructed. I will be moving her down to only one rat...I have never seen her act like this and I have had her for about a month now. Just looking for some experienced feedback/suggestions on what the problem could be..Thank you!

12/10/17  07:02pm

JaixDara
View Profile

Message To: JaixDara   In reference to Message Id: 2321621

Overfed and Soaking???

I know it has only been a day...but I thought I should add that she took THE BIGGEST DUMP I have ever seen from her last night lol....She is in her hide now. Hopefully that was the issue.. Help/suggestions would still be appreciated though :) ...Thanks!

12/11/17  09:32am

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area