Ball Python Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BabyCham17   FattMatt   NicoleP  

Member  Message

BabyCham17
View Profile

Ball Python

I have been doing a lot of research and decided a chameleon was too much for a beginner. I have only ever owned mammals. Mammals being a guinea pig, rabbit, and many cats. I have always had an interest in snakes, well, ever since I got over my fear of them. I love reptiles and can’t wait to own one. They are so beautiful. I hear a ball python is a good pet for beginners. I have been doing research on it, found a name I like and don’t really care about what it looks like. If you have any advice, please, let me know. I want to take care of the snake to the best of my abilities.

09/22/17  03:25pm

FattMatt
View Profile

Message To: BabyCham17   In reference to Message Id: 2321301

Ball Python

Link go there and do more reading ball pythons r easy to care of.
tips i have for u. do not feed in his/her home. handle day but not 24 hours after feeding. mist with a spray bottle daily and bathe weekly. to bathe fill a plastic tub just enough to cover that snakes back. i think u change wood chips if u go that route (i got reptile carpet in my tank). cool side 75°F on cool side. warm side 80°F and basking area 90°F. and the biggest tip of all love the little cutie

10/09/17  06:41am

NicoleP
View Profile

Message To: BabyCham17   In reference to Message Id: 2321301

Ball Python

Reading up is important and good but my tip would be, get in contact to someone who already has one, because most likely there are going to be moments that you just didn’t see coming, like it’s well known that snakes shed their skin, but the first time will still be scary and frustrating and you might feel lost, and then there is the issue of some of them are just grumpy butts and it’s hard to know what to do, others, like mine, will make it their goal to escape if there is even the slightest flaw in how the tank is closed (seriously, lockable terrariums, go for it) make sure to get one already on frosen food, for a beginner that is not a fun time trying to switch them over, and yes I know it’s tempting, but don’t get a baby, it’s harder and a gamble on personality, get an already friendly a bit older snake. get a good thermometer and a kitchen scale, and write things like last feed, shed and weight/height down. good luck with your lil ball of joy!

10/21/17  07:32pm

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area