Ball Python Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Khvsin   Khvsin   Newsnek  

Member  Message

Khvsin
View Profile

URGENT HELP NEEDED ball thrashing head

I have a ball ive owned since she was young (few months i believe) and she is around 1-2 years old now. Earlier today I noticed she was thrashing her head side to side for a few seconds. She then when moving does not do so normally as her head tilts and shakes. Her tongue sometimes just stays out her mouth for longer than usual whilst she is moving. Ive dropped her temps and sprayed her down as I was told it could be high temps. Ive also phoned every vet in my area but the earliest she can get seen is Thursday which I feel is too long.

She is currently maybe 1.5ft long in a 3ft wood vivarium. I own other reptiles too and im concerned about them catching anything. Advice is really needed.

01/14/17  09:45am

Khvsin
View Profile

Message To: Khvsin   In reference to Message Id: 2320101

ADD She seems like she keeps bumping into things before throwing her head away in a different direction. She also is going through a bad shed, I was going to soak her when I noticed her behaviour

01/14/17  09:49am

Newsnek
View Profile

Message To: Khvsin   In reference to Message Id: 2320102

I’m not expert but I’ve had other animals that showed similar behavior to that, got them to a vet and they were in A LOT of pain. If she’s going through a bad shed maybe you could wait until it is over, see if the behavior continues and bring her to a vet. Personally I would take my baby to the vet ASAP if she was doing that! Good luck! Have you googled what might be causing it?

01/23/17  11:38pm

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area