Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Ball Python Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jess3598   Jess3598  

Member  Message

Jess3598
View Profile

Ball python hasn’t shed in over 2 months??

Ok. So I’ve had my ball python for about 4 months, she’s my first snake. She shed about two months ago but that’s it?? I really don’t know how old she is, the pet store didn’t know, but she’s 3 feet long (on the dot, measured her last shed). We feed her an adult mouse once a week, she lives in a 20 gallon tank and her humidity stays at 50-60. Her temperature stays in the upper 80’s pretty much constantly on the warm side and she has a hide in the warm side and cold side of the tank and a water bowl that I keep clean and full. Her substrate is currently newspaper. It was a reptile mulch but she got mites (not sure if it was from the mulch or what. She could’ve had them when we got her but I didn’t notice them until she’d been in the mulch for a while) we’re still trying to get rid of the mites (they’re pretty much gone now). I’m just concerned bc she hasn’t shed? Should I be feeding her more? Is there anything I should change about her habitat? She’s acting fine, calm and alert, and no mucus around mouth or nose. Just want some extra opinions to make sure she’s okay!!

11/14/16  12:55pm

Jess3598
View Profile

Message To: Jess3598   In reference to Message Id: 2319778

Ball python hasn’t shed in over 2 months??

Also-- if anyone has any tips about getting rid of the mites without store bought products (no where near me carries prevent a mite or reptile relief so I’d have to order it, and I am so terribly broke.) my friend who owns four snakes and has dealt with mites before suggested I do the olive oil thing, and it’s worked pretty well, I check for mites in her water bowl every day and check her thoroughly every time I get her out and I only occasionally find one. Every few weeks I completely clean out her cage and wash all of the decorations and the tank itself and let her soak, but damn these things are tough to get rid of. If anyone has had success with any natural remedies please let me know!!

11/14/16  01:10pm

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area