Ball Python Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

StephSantana   Kitty125   StephSantana  

Member  Message

StephSantana
View Profile

What should I be feeding him?

Hi. I recently purchased my first ball python, who is also my first snake, at Petco. I was told he is about 2 months old and he has been eating one fuzzy weekly. I have been obsessing trying to get everything perfect for him, so I have been reading up constantly. I read the thing about feeding a prey item that is the size of his widest part..and visually a fuzzy is not even close. I have not gotten a scale yet or measured him, yes I know I need to. He also was displaying some characteristics I have read mean he is hungry. I decided to feed him a few days early, and got him a few hoppers. He quickly ate 2, and I really think he would have eaten another but I was afraid of over feeding. I also realized that he is not really round bodies and his back bone is pretty much pertruding. I didn’t think much of it until I began to think he is malnourished. Other than that he seems ok, very curious and friendly. What should he be eating and how often to get him looking healthier?

10/18/16  10:32am

Kitty125
View Profile

Message To: StephSantana   In reference to Message Id: 2319653

If adult mice seem to be around the size of his thickest part feed him one every 5-7 days and don’t worry about over feeding most of the times if your snake isn’t hungry he probably won’t eat.

10/18/16  11:55am

StephSantana
View Profile

Message To: Kitty125   In reference to Message Id: 2319656

Ok great thank you!

10/18/16  12:54pm

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area