Ball Python Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Solitary Pilot   ARENEPEZ   Normal ball python o   Normal ball python o  

Member  Message

Solitary Pilot
View Profile

Ball Python Shed Stuck PLEASE HELP

My ball python is shedding for the first time, at least since I’ve had her. She’s around two feet in length if that matters. But there’s a bit of shed still stuck on the top of her head and about an inch on her belly, starting from her chin and going down. I’ve soaked her multiple times and got most of the skin off but after soaking her a total of three times these pieces of skin refuse to come off. I used warm water, left her in there for at least 45 minutes, and each time used a damp washcloth to help her get the skin off. Like I said most of it is gone, she’s got her eye caps off and all, but there’s still some on her chin/belly and on top of her head. I don’t want to just keep soaking her but I also don’t want to have to force her to deal with the skin any longer. It’s been about 4 days since she started shedding, what can I do?

Additionally I’ve just started misting her cage with a spray bottle, but how much of a difference will there be between spraying with hot and cold water? Only last night I saw someone saying the misting water should be warm and I wanted to know how important that is.

10/08/16  02:48pm

ARENEPEZ
View Profile

Message To: Solitary Pilot   In reference to Message Id: 2319593

Ok a couple things to try. 1 put a hide with damp paper towels in it under a heat lamp to build up humidity to ease it off. This may take a few days. Anytime a snake is in shed always bump up humidity or provide a " humid hide" like I said to prevent stuck shed. 2 since they are cold blooded always mist with hot water. Now I say hot because it’s then warm when it’s misted. It helps keep them warm plus it’ll bump up humidity levels too. Hope this helps.

10/11/16  04:46am

Normal ball python o
View Profile

Message To: ARENEPEZ   In reference to Message Id: 2319614

There’s a product out called reptile-shed. I own a bottle but haven’t had to use it thankfully but I was told it works. Hope this helps if what the other person suggested didn’t work.

10/19/16  01:29am

Normal ball python o
View Profile

Message To: ARENEPEZ   In reference to Message Id: 2319614

There’s a product called reptile-shed I haven’t had to use it yet thankfully but I heard it works. Hopefully this helps you if the suggestion didn’t.

10/19/16  01:52am

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area