Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ball Python Forum

InnerDragon103   Tito310   Pelota  
 Member  Message

InnerDragon103
View Profile

Dehydration Symptoms????

Hey im feeling a little worried.. I mean the water level in the water bowl went down alot, but i still feel the danger of dehydration for Diablo, becuase i never see him drink, EVER. He seems comfortable enough, but can you all give me symptoms of dehydration?? Thank you.

12/05/04  10:28pm
Sorry, No Replies

Tito310
View Profile

Message To: InnerDragon103   In reference to Message Id: 194542

Dehydration Symptoms????

ok here is my snake sumo .
look at the water bowl it almost empty.
i got him 1 year ago and ive only seen him drink 2 once after he ate and 1 after i held him dont worry.
if he is dehydrited his skin will get all rincly

12/05/04  10:31pm
Sorry, No Replies

Pelota
View Profile

Message To: InnerDragon103   In reference to Message Id: 194542

Dehydration Symptoms????

It’s very rare to see your snake drink, lol. They usually sleep or hide during the day, and come out at night to roam around and drink and stuff. That could be why you never see him drink.

As for the symptoms of dehydration, there are a couple. Try pinching(not pinching to hurt or anything) your bp’s skin and see if it has some good elasticity. If it doesn’t snap back to his body right after letting go, he might be a bit dehydrated. Another sign is dented eyes. If your snakes eyes are dented in or wrinkly, that could also point to dehydration.
But as long as you have proper humidity levels, and a water bowl for drinking, you should be fine. Oh, and speaking of water dishes, remember to try and change the water daily, and give the bowl a scrubbing. You don’t want film and residues building up. Yuck, lol.

12/06/04  1:37am
Sorry, No Replies

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area