Anouncements-News Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anouncements-News Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Member  Message

Snake master pat
View Profile

LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS/INTERNS FOR CAIMAN RESEARCH

Hey guys,

I will be doing my Honors Thesis data collection in the Peruvian Amazon. The focus is on the relative abundance of Paleosuchus trigonatus, also known as Schneider’s smooth fronted caiman. Although the focus is on the abundance and population density. I will be studying other aspects such as nesting behavior and territory.

I am doing this project through an organization called Fauna Forever Tambopata, and I am currently looking for volunteers or perhaps interns to assist me with the project.

More information can be found here: http://www.faunaforever.org/volunteer-peru/caiman-research-conservation-amazon-rainforest/

Further more, I interned for a herpetologist last summer, and I have the grasp on the identification of many many many herps in the region. So not only will you be catching caiman, but you will also see some amazing critters. At the two sites that my project is taking place, there have been confirmed observations of Bush Master, Green Tree Vipers, Anacondas, Amazon Tree Boas, Many Rainbow Boas, Green Tree Boa (This is on my bucket list) Yellow Footed Tortoise, Musk Turtles, Pipa Pipa (Suriname Toad), Black Caiman, Spectacled caiman, Smokey Jungle Frog, Cane Toad, . These are only a sliver of the diversity, just thought I would name some of the big names out there!

If you want more information directly from me, I leave for Peru in one week. However, you can still sign up or contact me through Fauna Forever on the website provided above!

Cheers,

Patrick Champagne

04/26/13  08:31am

Back to Anouncements-News Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area