Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kouchoco   ScalpelUser   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Kouchoco
View Profile

What would make a good sleeping/hiding spot for an anole?

There’s a wild anole who has been living in our backyard for around 6 months. I had to remove/mess with her favorite sleeping spots twice since one was an old weedkiller handle that my dad had to use (I still don’t know why she chose that as a home, but it’s been gone for at least a couple months now), and the other was a shoe box with my mom’s rain boots in it (my mom didn’t want lizard poop in her shoes). I kept the box in case she wants to crawl back into it, but I’m wondering what I could get her as a new sleeping/hiding spot (or perhaps a spot for other anoles; we have a lot in our backyard). She seems to like tight and comfy spaces, and I feel bad for getting rid of her little home twice...

04/07/18  03:36am

ScalpelUser
View Profile

Message To: Kouchoco   In reference to Message Id: 2322285

You could get a leafy plant. The anole I have has some plastic leaves to climb and nestle in that seems to be his ’private spot’ despite having a half log to tuck under if he prefers. Plus, it would make their home look even prettier and serve as a drinking spot!

04/07/18  08:04am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: ScalpelUser   In reference to Message Id: 2322288

Pothos and English Ivy make for good hiding spots. In my garden, I’ve made "anole hammocks" out of screen by folding it in half like a taco and stuffing a little Spanish Moss in it. I find that anoles like to crawl into it, especially when they’re shedding because it helps pull the dead skin off.

04/10/18  05:50pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area