Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Freehy   Freehy   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Freehy
View Profile

Brown bruise on my male anole

I recently bought a male lizard from a local pet store. When I got him, he had black spots behind his eyes because he was housed with another male. When I got him home, I placed him with my female and his spots disappeared. For a few days he seemed happy, he was eating and drinking excessively and very energetic. But I started noticing his black spots returning and he became very lethargic. I have my tank on a timed fogger to keep the humidity consistently between 60-80% humidity. I leave a daytime light on for twelve hours and switch it to a red head lamp at night. Nothing has changed between when he was healthy to when he got sick. This brownish bruise-like spot suddenly appeared today on his side and under his one elbow when I came home. I thought he was calcium deficient. This morning, I had dusted the crickets I fed them with calcium, but he doesn’t seem better. I can’t make head around or tails of what is wrong. The female seems perfectly fine in the meanwhile. Does anyone have any suggestions?

04/06/18  07:28pm

Freehy
View Profile

Message To: Freehy   In reference to Message Id: 2322281

Here’s a link of his bruise https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Gl_KmGlVhhNk53NEVWQXc2aU9XcUtTNEl1VkMtNU05XzF3/view?usp=sharing

04/06/18  07:38pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Freehy   In reference to Message Id: 2322282

Worst case scenario, it could be ranavirus. Look at pics online and see if that looks like what your anole is going through. Other causes, it could be a burn or injury that occurred that you didn’t witness. I’d worry about it if it doesn’t clear up with his next shed. Keep us updated.

04/06/18  10:57pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area