Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Abreul   AmbuBadger   Abreul   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Abreul
View Profile

Lumps on Anoles

Hi! Recently I noticed that my one male green anole--juvenile--has a lump on his his jaw. I got him from my job, and slowly but surely, he’s not as emaciated anymore. I’m still waiting for him to get to a healthier weight. The lump is on the side of his mouth on the bottom, and is reddish. I’m not sure what could’ve happened. He’s with a really docile brown anole female, so they haven’t been fighting. I’m wondering if its a bruise from catching crickets, or even an abscessed tooth.

My OTHER male green anole--not in the same tank, and he’s full grown--has two lumps on his neck. He didn’t have these before, and one seems slightly larger than the other. They’re really quite prominent now. I looked at pictures of other male greens and they had nothing like it.

I’m just really concerned because my anoles are getting lumps at the same time. I’ve owned them for years and nothing like this has ever happened. My other three girls are fine. It’s just the males.

02/18/18  03:48pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Abreul   In reference to Message Id: 2321932

Lumps on Anoles

How big are the lumps? Are they receiving calcium & vitamin powder with their meals? One possibility is that these are excess calcium deposits and they would disappear once you cut back on applying it to his food (dusting once every third meal should be enough). Another possibility is that it’s an abcess, in which case he may need antibiotics and possibly to have the bump lanced & cleaned out. Do you have pics?

02/20/18  07:42am

Abreul
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2322063

Lumps on Anoles

Well, my juvenile’s lump is gone now. But the larger male’s bumps are still here. They are between his ears and shoulders, and are just big enough to be obvious. They do receive calcium with their meals, but the others in with him do not have lumps. I actually came across the excess calcium deposits during my research after this post, and they look very similar, if not exactly like that. I’ll cut back on the dusting, and if it doesn’t work, I’m taking a trip to the vet. Thank you!

02/20/18  06:41pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Abreul   In reference to Message Id: 2322067

Lumps on Anoles

No worries, good luck! Keep an eye on it, that area is a common location for infections to occur.

02/21/18  08:28am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area