Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

MolotovCupcake   AmbuBadger   MolotovCupcake   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

MolotovCupcake
View Profile

Hello Anole Loving friends!

Hello everyone I just wanted to introduce myself! I have had my green anoles for roughly two months. I currently have three females and two males ( this was strictly by accident ). They are currently in an upright 55 gallon tank! As pictured. Just checking to see how this enclosure stacks up? I have done lots of research and such and all my guys seem happy and healthy all eating. I am currently working on tong training them and it’s going quiet well!! In my enclosure I have a 24 inch T8 5.0 Fluorescent light and 2 basking areas. I have a great temperature gradient going on but am struggling with humidity. I am misting the tank 3 times daily however I am considering buying a fogger. Any suggestions?

01/17/18  06:03pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: MolotovCupcake   In reference to Message Id: 2321786

Here’s mine, it was an old Bose Wave Radio display. I didn’t buy an expensive fogger unit, I opted for a cool humidifier instead. It’ll cause drops to form on anything that’s close to the vet side, and your anoles will learn to go there for water. Set it on a timer to run several times through the day for an hour or so, and you’re golden! Keeping humidity up in a screen-top enclosure is tough, but doable.

01/18/18  12:14pm

MolotovCupcake
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2321792

Love your set up! such a smart idea and everything look great! Where did you get your humidifier? Can I just buy any humidifier as long as it blows cool?

01/18/18  02:50pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: MolotovCupcake   In reference to Message Id: 2321793

Thank you! The humidifier was about $25 and you can get it at most any department store’s medical section. You need the one that says “nebulizer” or “ultrasonic” or “vaporizer”. They have some that just blow air over the water- you don’t want those.

01/18/18  03:07pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area