Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rainbowmyanole   Rainbowmyanole   AmbuBadger   Rainbowmyanole   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Rainbowmyanole
View Profile

INCREDIBLY SMART ANOLE?

Rainbow my green anole seemed to get bigger and I searched around in her enclosure and all I found was a tiny piece of shed. I was worried because that means she is not healthy. I found her shedding one day and watched her and took a vid of her, she was sitting on a log and lifted her leg,bit the hanging shed and pulled it a little at a time,finally she pulled it off, held it in her mouth for a little and for some reason ate it. Is this normal?

More info: Female, finger trained, eats normal, drinks normal, poos normal,has a female playmate bought at petsmart and also finger trained-Nyan, caught wild, fast stays near me even when I put her on grass in wild,has small dewlap.

Will send images!

10/22/17  08:58am

Rainbowmyanole
View Profile

Message To: Rainbowmyanole   In reference to Message Id: 2321397

Images

How do I post images?

10/22/17  08:05pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Rainbowmyanole   In reference to Message Id: 2321401

Images

Anoles lose nutrients when shedding or laying dud eggs, so it isn’t uncommon for them to eat both. In fact, if your anole has a large section of shed stuck on her for several days, she may be sick. As for posting pics, you’ll have to host them online through PhotoBucket or a similar site, and post the link here. Good luck!

10/22/17  11:25pm

Rainbowmyanole
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2321402

Images

Big help thank you I will keep this in mind for my others too, I look on through the anoles page and see almost every question you have answered your like and anole expert.

10/23/17  09:12pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Rainbowmyanole   In reference to Message Id: 2321404

Images

Thanks! I’m just happy to hear that there’s people out there willing to take care of their anoles and search online for help in keeping them happy :)

10/24/17  05:12pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area