Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anole_lover07   AmbuBadger   Anole_lover07  

Member  Message

Anole_lover07
View Profile

How long?

I evacuated hurricane Irma and left my green anole in the shower with his lamp off and the heat turned up and the power will go out during it, how long can he survive? I put wax worms and mealworms inside a dish and have a dripping water bottle and a full dish of water... will Will survive, ps. That’s his name

-anole lover07

09/09/17  07:31pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Anole_lover07   In reference to Message Id: 2321234

How long?

When we left for New Zealand, we fed everyone a little extra and had a humidifier set up with lights on a timer. They all survived after a week of vacation, even though one of the humidifiers ran out of water (no idea when, but maybe that one cage was without water for about two days). So, seven days with no food should be fine so long as he was well-fed before you guys left, and Will had that supply of mealworms. Water and heat are the main issues, especially since they rely on both to help them digest their meals. If the power goes out and he loses heat after he’s finished the mealworms and pooped them out, he should still be fine. Let us know how he’s doing when you get back. God bless and we hope Will and your home survive unscathed!

09/09/17  11:20pm

Anole_lover07
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2321237

How long?

Thank you

09/10/17  10:29am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area