Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Thenightcaller   AmbuBadger   Anole_lover07  

Member  Message

Thenightcaller
View Profile

I have no idea what my green anoles gender is

My anole, which I think I make, has the dewlap. A darker pink, but never really uses it, which I often see with male anoles. Like the head bobbing and seeing reflections on the terrarium. But he never goes that, so I checked his private area and it was shaped like u, it didn’t seem the like pictures of a male anole I have seen. Please help?

09/07/17  04:33pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Thenightcaller   In reference to Message Id: 2321225

Aloha. Females have a dewlap, albeit not as big. I’ve noticed that it’s smaller than the males, and shaped like a half oval. The males have a larger dewlap and tends to be a more "D" shape, with the forward part being more perpendicular than the rear. Also, females may have a white stripe on the back. The shape of the "U" at the vent isn’t really a determining factor, you need to look for two scales that are larger than the others around it. They’re symmetrical, mirroring each other in shape and size. Also, the body and head on the males is larger overall with a longer snout.

09/07/17  10:39pm

Anole_lover07
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2321226

Depends....how big is he/she, how pointy is it’s snout, and does she have a white stripe.

09/11/17  06:58am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area