Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anoriginalname   AmbuBadger   Anoriginalname   AmbuBadger   Anoriginalname   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Anoriginalname
View Profile

Anole with skinny legs?

So this guy I have had maybe three months, I keep him with some Brown anoles and they seem to do fine together, and he eats everyday or sometimes every other day, I feed him mainly Surinam cockroaches and whatever else I can find like wild mealworms grasshoppers and grubworms. But for some reason he has skinny legs, maybe he’s just skinny, is it from lack of exercise or something? Here’s a pic, I’d appreciate any advice :)

">

Oh and his set up is a 10 gallon glass terrarium kept outside (doesnt get above 90 degrees F.)

Thanks!

08/14/17  04:39pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Anoriginalname   In reference to Message Id: 2321062

Anole with skinny legs?

The pic didn’t show up... Is he a green anole? Does he have branches to crawl up and down on? Skinny legs is usually due to a lack of intake, so if he’s actually eating well, you might be dealing with a parasite. Hard to say without pics, can you post a link?

08/14/17  05:15pm

Anoriginalname
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2321063

Anole with skinny legs?

Yes, he has two live plants and a weird statue as well, and he is a green anole I hope this pic works sorry http://i68.tinypic.com/358xoom.jpg

08/14/17  05:22pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Anoriginalname   In reference to Message Id: 2321064

Anole with skinny legs?

The link doesn’t work for some reason... odd. You can email me at ambubadger -@- gmail -.- com. I’m thinking he may be emaciated if the brown anoles are bullying him. When you feed them, do you actually see him grabbing a bite or two, or do you go by the number of remaining roaches? Do you dust his food with vitamin powder? And how tall are the plants?

08/14/17  10:02pm

Anoriginalname
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2321066

Anole with skinny legs?

I’ll send a pic of the plants and of the lizard though email, and everytime I feed him I make sure he eats them I’ll stand by the cage and watch till he’s done and I dust the food every third meal. This is a weird place since the links won’t work e.e my bad lol

08/15/17  09:43am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Anoriginalname   In reference to Message Id: 2321071

Anole with skinny legs?

I sent a reply to your email, but basically your anole looks fine as far as the legs go-- if anything, his midsection is a little tubby!

08/15/17  05:21pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area