Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kowwgurl   AmbuBadger   Kowwgurl   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Kowwgurl
View Profile

Sick anole

OK so I know I probably shouldn’t of spent $30 on a green anole, but I felt so bad for him. He’s really skinny and he won’t eat I even got 3 week crickets for him, I don’t want him to die I can actually hold this one! (Maybe because he doesn’t feel well). I have him in a 12x12x18 exo terra by himself
(Can’t figure out how to attach pic)

07/02/17  07:28pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Kowwgurl   In reference to Message Id: 2320826

Sick anole

Describe him to us. What color is he? Green, brown? Any spots? Like black and light green spots along his body, or dark spots behind the eyes? Does he look dehydrated? Signs of this would be a sunken face, the spine "tenting" along the back, or the pelvic bones being very visible from above. Don’t worry about him eating at the moment: he may be dehydrated, and would require fluids before food anyway. Digestion takes up a lot of fluid, and forcing him to eat now could be disasterous. How is his tank set up? Does he have a spot to stay warm close to the light? Does he get water often, sprayed on the leaves of the plants in his cage?

07/03/17  02:26am

Kowwgurl
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320829

Sick anole

I would call him emaciated, he’s green, he has lots of climbing branches and plants also a basking area, I’m in the process of moving the others to a bigger tank so in a few days he’ll be put in the 18x18. I mist 3 times a day he’ll also lick water off my hand, should I give him some sugar water?

07/03/17  02:34am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Kowwgurl   In reference to Message Id: 2320830

Sick anole

Sugar water is just mediocre-- perhaps try mixing some jelly or mashed fruit with the water so some nutrients can get in to his system. You can also try mixing vitamin powder with the water and see if he takes it. Be sure he has plenty of warm light, his body needs the heat to keep him healthy and able to digest whatever he takes in.

07/04/17  12:43am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area