Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anolegirl   Monitorman1016   AmbuBadger   Anolegirl   Anolegirl   AmbuBadger   Anolegirl   AmbuBadger   Anolegirl   AmbuBadger   Anole_lover07   Emilings   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Anolegirl
View Profile

Help please

I have a male anole. Ate a butter worm shed amazingly 2 days later but has this weird patch under his chin and arm pit area. He eats very well tempers from green to brown does not appear dehydrated etc... but this patch is worrying it is dark purple almost. Does anyone have any info???

05/29/17  07:49am

Monitorman1016
View Profile

Message To: Anolegirl   In reference to Message Id: 2320702

Help please

What type of lights are you using? Do u use calcium powder w vitamin d3 in it? Tell me a little about the cage u have it in and the temps..

05/29/17  09:56am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Monitorman1016   In reference to Message Id: 2320703

Help please

Are there any other anoles living with him? I find dark patches in areas where there’s been an injury, either from fighting or getting burnt by the heat lamp. Keep an eye on it and see if it resolves with his next shed. How’s his behavior? Does he seem sluggish or disinterested in his food? Is his poop normal and regular in frequency?

05/29/17  03:36pm

Anolegirl
View Profile

Message To: Monitorman1016   In reference to Message Id: 2320703

Help please

Hi thank you for your response. I have him in a 10 gallon tank with live plants its coolest point is 73 f during the day. I have uv light and I have Day heat. At night he has he has night light heat 60 watt and also 60 watt for day. He is a submissive male to another male anole who is dominant but also a bit older they have been really good with each other. I give him calcim with D 3 I feed him crickets which he loves and butter worms. Any advice would be great

05/29/17  04:29pm

Anolegirl
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320704

Help please

He is with another male anole. He is smaller and has always been submissive they usually stay out of each others way. I would feel horrible if he was burned. Sometimes when I look at his patch it looks like internal bleeding but that would kill him right. He is still very active eats pops jumps around nothing ab normal except for that patch.

05/29/17  04:33pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Anolegirl   In reference to Message Id: 2320706

Help please

The chin area isn’t very vascular, meaning there’s not a lot of blood vessels there-- so I doubt its internal bleeding. Burns would be a possibility if the light is super close to the cage or inside it where they could make bodily contact. Is there a shape to the mark? If it’s triangular, that would mean it’s very likely to be a bite from the other male-- physical squabbles are usually quick, and could easily happen without you seeing it. Also, the chin and neck is a very common area to be injured while fighting, which is why I feel this is the case. I’ve had anoles who were chill with each other just one day start fighting-- so you can’t always rely on past history to say things didn’t change. If you have another tank, you could see if he greens up on his own in there. A ten gallon tank is too small for two anoles, particularly males! I have a patio enclosure that is six feet wide and eight feet tall-- and although there’s six anoles in there, only one is a male. He considers all that space to be his territory, and fights any other males I put in there. I’ve cycled the males, and it’s the same every time. Fighting!

05/30/17  01:51am

Anolegirl
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320707

Help please

The patch isn’t triangles I will try get a picture for you. He could have been hurt by the other one I have decided to separate them for the time. Do you think if it was a bite it will clear up over time?? The bulbs are on top of tank so he couldn’t get very close unless he dangled from the mesh. They say warm bulb is very hot so that is likely. Thank you for your response. It is worrying to see such a significant change so fast.

05/30/17  03:35am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Anolegirl   In reference to Message Id: 2320708

Help please

No problem, we’re all happy to help :) The bites will heal on their own-- just keep an eye on it for signs of infection, at the very most you may need to dab some antibiotic ointment on the site, but this probably isn’t necessary just yet. How is he doing now that he’s separated?

05/30/17  11:57am

Anolegirl
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320712

Help please

It appears to be clearing slowly but we will see I’ll watch and take pics of progress.

05/30/17  03:06pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Anolegirl   In reference to Message Id: 2320717

Help please

Okay, best of luck to your little buddy!

05/31/17  02:46am

Anole_lover07
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320719

Help please

Good luck!!!! I hope he does ok ,maybe you need to handle him more. my anole loves to be held, maybe you should try to pick him up and pet his head. My anole turns green every time some one does that.

best of luck!!!- Anole_lover07

06/12/17  09:31am

Emilings
View Profile

Message To: Anole_lover07   In reference to Message Id: 2320749

Help please

Hi everyone I’m really sorry to be doing this on a chat but I’m new to this cite and don’t know how to post a message for help on the bord if someone could tell me how that would be great thanks, Emilings.

06/12/17  03:13pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Emilings   In reference to Message Id: 2320753

Help please

Are you wondering how to post a new topic in general, or is there a problem with an anole of yours?

06/13/17  09:03pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area