Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Aaron08   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Aaron08
View Profile

Help with finding sex and species

I am new to the world of reptiles and I’m having a hard time identifying both sex and species. I want to make sure I’m not taking home two males or two different species that don’t live together that well.

First one I think is a Green Anole since when it was first caught it was green and I know they can change colors.

Second one.

Third one also seems to change colors a bit.

05/10/17  01:53pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Aaron08   In reference to Message Id: 2320664

Help with finding sex and species

It’s hard to tell from the vent pics since the scales aren’t super clear, but the first is a green anole and the other two are brown. Green anoles have larger toe pads that allow them to climb more surfaces like a gecko as opposed to the slim digits of the brown anole. Also, the pattern on the back and the flattened tail of the brown anole are features that the greens don’t have. The two other anoles look like brown anoles and they might be male-- females have a triangular or diamond-shaped pattern on their backs whereas males have a more splotchy, camouflage-like pattern one. You can always observe them to see if they get along-- I have a brown anole living without trouble in my green house along with a male and three female green anoles.

05/10/17  06:06pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area