Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kay&Chris   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Kay&Chris
View Profile

Weird color changing??

Hi, so our female green anole that we just got yesterday is acting really strange. Whenever we put her in her habitat, she almost immediately turns like DARK brown. And that means she’s stressed, right? But then when we take her out, she turns green again and seems all happy! This is weird because, I thought anoles didn’t really like being held very much. And we just don’t really know what to do and why she doesn’t like being in her habitat. It has all the stuff she needs, moss, leaves, and we spray it often. So, what do we do?

05/06/17  10:54am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Kay&Chris   In reference to Message Id: 2320639

Weird color changing??

I’ve noticed the same with a few of mine, and the common denominator seems to be the mesh enclosure. We’re not sure if they view it as being darker inside than out and are changing to blend in, but as long as they’re eating and healthy, you should be okay. It’s good to give them time out of the cage, maybe have a fake plant for them to rest on under observation? Ours will chill on a plant so long as they can’t see the UV light, the light seems to attract them otherwise.

05/06/17  12:19pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area