Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LizardGirl06   AmbuBadger   LizardGirl06   AmbuBadger   LizardGirl06  

Member  Message

LizardGirl06
View Profile

GREEN ANOLE HELP

My male green anole, Draco was playing around in the dirt and got some stuck in his eye. I am afraid he may have or get an eye infection. I use coconut husk as the ground cover for my cage. He is very small and will not open his eye. I don’t know if he is unable to open it, or chooses not to. He seems pretty content other than constantly itching his eye. Please help! Thank you!

04/23/17  09:09am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: LizardGirl06   In reference to Message Id: 2320601

GREEN ANOLE HELP

I use a syringe and saline, but I know not everyone has access to that sort of stuff, so... thumbtack a hole into a cap of bottled water and flush his eyes with that, or see if he’ll let you run a gentle stream oflukewarm faucet water over his face. Let us know if it works! I’ve had to do this before with newborns that got dirt in there...

04/23/17  02:19pm

LizardGirl06
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320603

GREEN ANOLE HELP

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It got most of the dirt out but a little still is in there. I’m going to try to let him get that bit out on his own and see how that goes. You are such a life saver!

04/23/17  02:57pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: LizardGirl06   In reference to Message Id: 2320604

GREEN ANOLE HELP

Don’t wait too long-- you run the risk have him getting a corneal abrasion, a scrape on the surface of the eye. Keep trying to help him by flushing it with the bottled water, anoles aren’t like geckos where they can use their tongues to keep the eyes clean! Good luck, I’m glad you were able to help Draco a bit.

04/23/17  09:58pm

LizardGirl06
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320606

GREEN ANOLE HELP

Thank you so much for all of you help. The last little bit of dirt just came out of Draco’s eye. We both thank you. XD

04/24/17  12:49pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area