Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

AwesomeAnoles   AmbuBadger   AwesomeAnoles   AmbuBadger   AwesomeAnoles   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

AwesomeAnoles
View Profile

Need Some Advice

I have 3 anoles living in my garden. No real problems. I care for them and make sure they are safe. Just one question- is there anything good I can feed them as a treat? They mainly catch their own food, and I don’t have crickets on hand.

03/28/17  12:13pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: AwesomeAnoles   In reference to Message Id: 2320517

Need Some Advice

I’d say make sure the garden gets watered routinely, like twice a day. This will provide them with a source of clean water. Also, be careful if whatever pesticides and fertilizers you use-- the anoles may accidentally eat a bug that’s carrying the poison or lap up water that has been in contact with any chemicals. Finally, you could buy a small container of mealworms and leave them in your fridge to prevent them from maturing too soon. When you want to feed the anoles, take a few mealworms out and let them reach room temp. When I feed my guys, I call out to them or tap the jar. It provides a cue that it’s mealtime, and they’ll come out of hiding.

03/28/17  12:52pm

AwesomeAnoles
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320518

Need Some Advice

Thanks for the help!

03/29/17  01:09pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: AwesomeAnoles   In reference to Message Id: 2320519

Need Some Advice

How are your anoles doing?

03/31/17  04:14pm

AwesomeAnoles
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320525

Need Some Advice

Good, :-) fed them some mashed banana, they licked off the top of it and I gave them some other small insects, though they didn’t eat much as I believe they catch their own food. All seem healthy and strong. How are yours?

03/31/17  04:33pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: AwesomeAnoles   In reference to Message Id: 2320526

Need Some Advice

They’re great, thanks for asking! We released three males and a female two weeks ago at my parent’s place, and they’re still in the garden when we visited today. They recognized us, that was a nice feeling-- one even hopped on my hand to take a mealworm. Like yours, they’re catching food on their own, which I’m happy to see.

04/02/17  02:41am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area