Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Christoman99   AmbuBadger   Christoman99   Christoman99   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Christoman99
View Profile

Green anole black spots on leg and neck

My green anole is a female who i recently got 6 weeks ago however last week I noticed that she had a black spot on her leg I first belived it was a burn of some sorts but then more spots began to pop up she also seems to have lost weight but still is very active. She lives with a male anole and they do not fight and get along just fine I examined him and found no spots on him.I’m not sure if it’s mites or Bugs living on her please help!

01/15/17  03:34pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Christoman99   In reference to Message Id: 2320114

Are these black spots pretty evenly spaced apart, and about one scale in size (like only one scale is black versus a cluster)? If so, these are signs of stress, and it could be from the other anole or illness. Keep in mind that you may not see him bothering her, but it could be happening. Another concern is illness. So, either way, it’s worth a shot to separate them and see if she improves. For mites, they are usually visible on the skin and can be removed with tweezers. Internal parasites have to be diagnosed by a vet via stool samples, but you can check their poop for worms and also the overall condition of it (should be somewhat firm, moist, dark brown with the white urea nub on it). Keep her separated, warm, and mist the container often but not so much so that it pools. If she looks dehydrated to the point her eyes are sunken in, don’t feed her anything hard like mealworms or beetles-- the shell she with be hard to digest, and use a lot of fluid to do so. Instead, maybe try mashed up fruit or even fruit juice that isn’t too too citrus.

01/16/17  10:58pm

Christoman99
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320119

Thank you for the response the black spot on her head has gone away and the one on her arm seems not as big but remains there she stays on the cool side and sits on a leaf and stays their for most of the day my male anole also dose the same normally they go to the hot side and bask but it seems they stay on the cool side for the whole day. Also I left crickets in her cage and she still won’t eat I will try the fruit today and hope she eats.

01/18/17  05:39am

Christoman99
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2320119

Thank you for the response the black spot on her head has gone away and the one on her arm seems not as big but remains there she stays on the cool side and sits on a leaf and stays their for most of the day my male anole also dose the same normally they go to the hot side and bask but it seems they stay on the cool side for the whole day. Also I left crickets in her cage and she still won’t eat I will try the fruit today and hope she eats.

01/18/17  05:45am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Christoman99   In reference to Message Id: 2320135

Okay, they know where the warm side of the tank is, so they’re fine where they are. For fruit, see if they’ll take it off a stick. I feed my anoles a few times with mealworms or crickets on a stick so they associate the stick with food, and then I can put fruit on thre. If they don’t take it, you can smear a little on a leaf and spray water on it-- when they lick the water, they’ll hopefully find the fruit too, and discover that it tastes good.

01/19/17  02:05am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area