Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cini   AmbuBadger   Cini   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Cini
View Profile

Black spot with white surrounding on anole

1-2 days ago I noticed something on the anole’s back. It’s like a black spot with some white-is surroundings, tried to look this condition up, but didn’t find anything similar to this. Her behaviour has changed a little, she didn’t spend much time out, and her appetite is lower than it was. This spot makes me worried and don’t know what to do actually.
I was thinking of maybe a fungal infection, or ranavirus, but I have no idea how she could have caught it.
I attach a picture, but it’s very bad, the camera couldn’t focus better, so maybe it’s not really helpful, but if someone has any ideas what it could be, how to treat or what I could do, would be appreciated.

12/04/16  03:15am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Cini   In reference to Message Id: 2319843

See if you can get a better pic-- otherwise we’ll just be guessing at what it is. It’s possible it could be a burn or other injury, maybe a bite, and it just needs to heal on its own. I have put antibiotic cream on my anoles before when it appeared they had open wounds, and it would be all but gone after a few sheds. Is there any chance she could be too close to a heat lamp? Also, Google image search ’anole burn’ and see if that looks similar.

12/04/16  07:12pm

Cini
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2319845

Yes, thank you, probably that’s the case! And she seems even more active now. I would put some antibiotic cream to the injury, just I don’t know how to do it, because she is quite shy... Can I ask how you did it? Or your anole is more like tame?

12/05/16  02:05pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Cini   In reference to Message Id: 2319849

Females tend to be skittish, but I basically trap them by encircling my hands around them until they hop on me, then pull them out of the cage and let them rest a bit before applying the ointment with a cotton swab. They’re usually pretty tolerant of this.

12/05/16  04:18pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area