Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cini   Cini   AmbuBadger   Cini   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Cini
View Profile

White worm in my terrarium?

Hey to everyone! I have recently found 2 little white worms in the terrarium, on the top corner of the tank, on the glass, I made a picture of one.
Does anyone what this can be? I tried to look it up, but didn’t find the name nor that I should be afraid now or not... Please help! Thank you in advance!

11/11/16  04:01pm

Cini
View Profile

Message To: Cini   In reference to Message Id: 2319759

Oh, there’s something wrong with the picture in my first post, so here it is again:

11/11/16  04:05pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Cini   In reference to Message Id: 2319760

It’s hard to tell from the pic, but likely something from the soil of any plants that may be in the terrarium. Can you tell us about the setup? And, are there a lot of flies in your area? It looks like some sort of larvae from the pic, but it’s a bit hard to tell still yet. As for your anoles, do they appear sick? What do you feed them? I’ve found some batches of PetCo mealworms to have funny little bugs on them that kill off the worms once they reach the pupae stage.

11/11/16  05:09pm

Cini
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2319762

Thank you so much for your reply!
First, the setup, I used coco fiber and moss for the background, some corks and branches (but I cleaned and rinsed them before I used them). As soil I used ExoTerra forest moss mixed with ExoTerra Plantation soil for tropical terrarium.
For plants, I used bromelia, bamboo, devil’s ivy, fern, and maybe red fittonia (I’m not sure about this one, because I bought it in a supermarket as "tropical plant", and just had a number, but looks like this). And I have a little waterfall installed. I can’t take a good picture, but I attach one, just how it looks like from outside.
I don’t have flies in my area, but I gave my anoles fruit flies once, about 2 weeks ago.
My anoles right now actually changing their skins, so they are brown, but in general they change their color very often, sometimes green, sometimes brown, and nothing really happens between these periods, so I don’t know why they do this. I feed them regularly, with crickets and mealworms, they like the last one more.
If you need any more information just let me know please! I really hope that they are not harmful :(

11/12/16  04:30am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Cini   In reference to Message Id: 2319765

Ah, it’s probably something from the plants, and the moisture level is probably letting them breed easily-- it if they are not bothering the anoles, I suppose it’s okay not to be too concerned. If you see something buzzing in there in a few days, maybe those were maggots that became flies. They could also be from the fruit flies. Well, just keep the tank clean as usual and continue to monitor your anoles for any sign of illness.

11/13/16  12:37am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area