Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cini   Icearstorm   Cini   Icearstorm  

Member  Message

Cini
View Profile

Green anole height

Hey everyone! I’m a fresh member of the owners of an anolis club, I just got mines 2 weeks ago. But they could be very brown almost black sometimes, but everything is the same all the time... I ruled out every possible reason, but I’m not sure about one: could they be so brown, because the terrarium is not high enough? I read that they have to be on a shelf or something, they like being like in eyesight height, around 1.5 meters. Thank you for all the answers in advance!

11/02/16  01:20pm

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Cini   In reference to Message Id: 2319730

Green anole height

What is their housing like? I suppose height could be a factor, though it seems unlikely. Then again, some other things that make green anoles change color can be rather odd; I once had a group of 4, and for whatever reason, they were happier in an empty butterfly keeper that was only about 5 gallons, rather than my 30-gallon terrarium filled with plants...

11/03/16  05:20am

Cini
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2319735

Green anole height

First, thank you very much for your reply!
Well, I have 2 anole, one is female for sure the other one is maybe male but I’m not sure about this one. They are in a 60x45x45 terrarium, with about 6 plants, I even have a bromelia and one of them really liked climbing on it, but she doesn’t do it any more.
Actually it’s strange, because they turn to black I think when they notice me or something or I don’t know... is it possible that they know me and afraid of me or something? But I don’t know why... :(

11/04/16  11:56am

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Cini   In reference to Message Id: 2319738

Green anole height

If they have a heat lamp and the temperature is warm, all I can suggest is to separate them, as there is a possibility that the two don’t get along... I once had a male with three females and they were brown all the time, but never showed any signs of aggression so I thought it was something else. Then I removed one of the females for a few minutes and they all turned bright green. A few weeks after releasing the one female (she was native and wild-caught), everyone was still vibrant green (though I still wonder why any of them had a problem with her).

11/04/16  01:49pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area