Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

RosieBear   RosieBear   AmbuBadger   RosieBear   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

RosieBear
View Profile

Emergency!!

So my dogs have a horrible habit of playing with anoles in the backyard, and whenever I catch them doing it I usually take the terrified anole inside, put it in a fish bowl and set it in my geckos tank so it can stay warm until the shock wears off and then I toss them back outside. However, this time they were too rough and actually caved in this ones eye. Its not like his skull is crushed, just his eye got smooshed. It happened when I was rushing to an appt and then had class right after so all I had time to do was the usual bowl thing. I just got home and he’s still alive, but lethargic. Right now I’m just trying to keep him as calm as possible and not stress him out. I don’t keep them as pets so I don’t have any kind of first aid for him. Is there anything I can do for him?

10/27/16  07:45pm

RosieBear
View Profile

Message To: RosieBear   In reference to Message Id: 2319698

Emergency!!

*Update*
I gave him a rock he can hide in and climb on and now he’s a lot more active. He went from barely moving and blinking to climbing around like nothings wrong. After he heals, will I be able to let him go? I don’t want to keep a wild animal unless I need to.

10/27/16  08:48pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: RosieBear   In reference to Message Id: 2319699

Emergency!!

The fact that he has coordination to move around like that is good. You can try feeding him flightless fruit flies for now, or maybe some mashed up banana, mango, or even carrots-- I have a green anole that will go crazy for chewed up carrots!

11/01/16  02:34am

RosieBear
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2319718

Emergency!!

Thanks for the reply! I didn’t see I got a reply so sorry for the late response. Since then he’s actually pulled through quite nicely. He was staying green pretty often and eating crickets. even tried giving him a piece of a banana and caught him trying it out! I got a 10 gallon set up for him with some live plants and a branch he can climb on and use for basking. However, it seems as his eye healed, it’s gotten harder and harder for him to open it. I figured out after about a week that his eye wasn’t damaged, but his eye socket seemed like it was crushed and he could open it more the half way, but now he can barely open it. Nowadays he only turns green when he sleeps, he’s very skinny, and his appetite isn’t nearly as fierce as it used to be. I came back on here to ask about it but thought I’d check my old post first.

02/20/17  05:33pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: RosieBear   In reference to Message Id: 2320297

Emergency!!

I left a reply on the other thread, did you out get a chance a chance check it out out.

02/27/17  01:18am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area