Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

SuperSquishy   AmbuBadger   SuperSquishy   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

SuperSquishy
View Profile

Need help with my anole!

Last October when I moved back to NY from FL I realized I had a little hitchhiker that had been hiding in my wheel well. To my amazement it was a brown anole that survived the trip from southwest Florida to upstate New York. Either way I scooped him up put him in a small cage temporarily and fixed up a larger cage for him. Well fast forward to August and Tramp (his name seems fitting) seems to be getting sick. He is continually shedding and has gotten very picky as to what he will eat. He even went as far as to not eat for almost 2 weeks. He’s been getting very skinny and I’ve tried to just let him roam as free as possible to not stress him. Any suggestions. He’s getting extremely skinny and pale in comparison to his normal dark brown.

08/28/16  07:45am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: SuperSquishy   In reference to Message Id: 2319358

Need help with my anole!

What is his cage setup like? Does he have a UVB and heat lamp? Are there other pets in the house? Also, what have you been feeding him, and how are you providing water?

08/30/16  02:23am

SuperSquishy
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2319365

Need help with my anole!

It’s a large tank with live plants can’t remember the exact size. I’ve been buying spring water for him and spray it 2 to 3 times a day. He has a day and night lamps. He also has a small dish a bit larger than him that I put water in for shedding purposes. And a shade log.

09/09/16  07:48pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: SuperSquishy   In reference to Message Id: 2319465

Need help with my anole!

Try offering small butterflies or moths, the fluttering usually gets their attention. You can also try mashed banana or other fruit as long as it isn’t too acidic. What have you been feeding him lately? Does he drink the water you spray? Also, has his color changed?

09/09/16  09:14pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area