Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tanole44   Icearstorm   AmbuBadger   Mavrik15  

Member  Message

Tanole44
View Profile

What are some good plants/moss for green anoles?

I have 4 green anoles in a 18" by 18" by 36"H terrium with organic soil, so far I have a snake plant, a bonsai tree, and a pothos plant and have room for one or two more plants and I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions. I’m looking for something that will reach a good height to get my anoles closer to the lights, I do have a plastic vine that goes around the cage all thw way to the top so they can choose how close they want to get to the light. I also have a cork tree background they love to climb on, it’s a new set up and I’m just looking to find more improvements to make them as happy as possible, thanks for any suggestions!

06/01/16  12:12pm

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Tanole44   In reference to Message Id: 2318573

Ferns are an excellent choice; with a little water and minimal care they will withstand most conditions. Just avoid the feathery ferns as they tend to dry out easily.

06/02/16  08:38am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2318581

I have a small umbrella tree plant in mine. They can support the weight in anoles climbing on them, and the waxy leaves hold droplets of water for the gang to lap up. For sleeping, I hang a clump of Spanish Moss (also called Pele’s Hair here in Hawaii) in the tank and they love to slide inside before crashing out. They all naturally take to the moss, so there must be something special about it. They really look safe and cozy in there!

06/07/16  02:26am

Mavrik15
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2318632

Hey this might be late but u can put pothos,wandering jew,
Parler palm, pony tail palm, bromileads and many more you should check out my youtube just search (big anole enclosure) the name is chase pfeiff hopefully it well give u some ideas

09/19/16  09:58pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area