Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bjo16   LokiWolf   Mavrik15   Mavrik15  

Member  Message

Bjo16
View Profile

Anole troubles!!!

Hey everyone! I have had a male green anole for about 2 months so I am a newbie to this! Have him in a 45 gallon tank all the proper set up... he was happy eating well drinking well ... so fast foward went to the pet store and got what I thought was a female white strip and a fraction of my males size however they aren’t meshing well !! What looks like him trying to court her ends up with her attacking and locking a bite on him! Could I have in fact gotten a male and didn’t know it? She (or he) has displayed a small dewlap so starting to question it’s sex ! But at the same time her garth looks like she could be pregnant? Any help would be appreciated !

05/19/16  12:02pm

LokiWolf
View Profile

Message To: Bjo16   In reference to Message Id: 2318419

Anole troubles!!!

Hello!

I know this is quite late, but, you may still be having troubles.

Females can sometimes have a red dewlap, but not always. Maled always will. Normally, a males head is going to be longer, a females shorter. Same with size, males will be relatively larger than females, but you may want to know the age. Also, if you look on the back (spine) females normally have a white stripe down the middle. If none of these signs show up, wait till they are about a year old.

08/18/16  04:18pm

Mavrik15
View Profile

Message To: LokiWolf   In reference to Message Id: 2319319

Anole troubles!!!

Hey so this might be late but it is probably a girl when a female goes throw a males territory the male well bite her in the neck and try to mate and if ur new two anoles u should check out my youtube just search (big anole enclosure) the name is chase pfeiff in the discription it would say that the enclosure is 6’×6’×2’

09/19/16  09:53pm

Mavrik15
View Profile

Message To: LokiWolf   In reference to Message Id: 2319319

Anole troubles!!!

Hey so this might be late but it is probably a girl when a female gose throw a males territory the male well bite her in the neck and try to mate and if ur new two anoles u should check out my youtube just search (big anole enclosure) the name is chase pfeiff in the discription it would say that the enclosure is 6’×6’×2’

09/19/16  09:53pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area