Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cupcakex13   Cupcakex13   Cupcakex13   PeregrinTook   AmbuBadger   PeregrinTook  

Member  Message

Cupcakex13
View Profile

My best friend that hasn’t left, time to take proper care?

I had a green anole enter my room about 2 months ago, being in North Carolina they are common, but usually I can leave the door open and they leave. I gave up, it seemingly made my room it’s home. In the area I am in I am always killing what probably would be in its diet at any given time prior to my new roomate. Now that I have grown attached and have always not been a reptile fan. And it doesn’t enter other areas of the house and seems healthy and content? I want to take proper care, would this shake up its now normal routine?

05/06/16  02:02pm

Cupcakex13
View Profile

Message To: Cupcakex13   In reference to Message Id: 2318299

http://postimg.org/image/8lu8auewx/ that’s I think a her..

05/06/16  02:03pm

Cupcakex13
View Profile

Also not sure how to edit sorry! Meant to add, It does get water, it likes to hang out in a decorative vase of dried roses so I spray those with water daily as well as leave out a shallow dish.. that’s about all I know. I just want to convert to confined so it doesn’t get hurt in the room or become depressed confined. I’d rather know I can feed it than depend on what it finds lol

05/06/16  02:32pm

PeregrinTook
View Profile

U do what ever u think best. I caught 4 anoles from the wild of my yard and they did fine, until they got old. Then they got sick. And died 😭. BUT I THINK U COULD TAKE GOOD CARE OF AN ANOLE!!!!!! Message me from this site with any questions! 😄

05/10/16  08:33am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: PeregrinTook   In reference to Message Id: 2318326

My anoles are pretty chill and just lap up sprayed water-- not sure that they would take it from a dish though. If you have a small bowl with steep sides, you can toss a mealworm, cricket, small roach, etc. in there and they will eat it. You can probably feed him one or two small bugs every two days-- remember, they’re used to not always catching their prey in the wild, so don’t worry if he misses a feeding. Allow him to roam freely so he can warm up outside, otherwise you’ll have to spend some big bucks to get a UV light system if you plan on keeping him confined. If he can come and go as he pleases and know he can get food from you, then that’s probably the best way to handle it. It would be a shame for him to have such a huge area to roam and then be tossed in a small tank!

05/11/16  04:01am

PeregrinTook
View Profile

Yah, I would go with AmbuBadger’s idea

05/11/16  09:14am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area