Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Triciarc16   Takahiro111   All things animals  

Member  Message

Triciarc16
View Profile

Need advice on a new reptile

My son got an anole for his birthday. A few days later I bought a medium size Exo terra tank with a uvb bulb and a heat lamp for night time. Temperature is roughly 70-85 . I sprayed the tank 3 times daily. He ate crickets the first time around then never seemed interested after that. I tried wax worms. He ate 2 then no more after that. He is now dead and it’s only been 3 weeks. I thought I did everything right, and have been stressing myself as well over him not eating. We never handled him and kept him up high so to not stress him out. Well, now I have invested 200$ over the last 3 weeks and definitely would like another lizard but I don’t know what kind to get. Maybe this one was sick from the start? I just don’t want to go through this again. Any advice and or thoughts on what went wrong or what kind I should get? Should I try another anole?

04/21/16  03:57am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Triciarc16   In reference to Message Id: 2317996

Your exactly right he could’ve been sick. Its best to buy from a good breeder online but if you want something else that’s way more hardy,docile and a good starter try bearded dragons. Their desert dwellers so that cage misting isn’t necessary and they get a decent size for younger children and also handable just keep under strict supervision.

04/21/16  12:38pm

All things animals
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2318000

OK where u dusting his food with calcium? If you were he most likely had an internal parasite and I am not shameing you at all I would just never buy pets from a petstore watch PETA’s videos on petstores and you will see why!

06/30/16  09:17pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area