Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ravenfeather32922   Icearstorm   Ravenfeather32922  

Member  Message

Ravenfeather32922
View Profile

Feeding Help

Plz help me! I just fed my anole p, and she got a black spot round her eye! Does it mean she’s sick? Can I do anything to help her? I feed her canned crickets. She used to live with 3 other anoles. but the cat got 1, sickness got another, and the 3rd got squished in the rocks 😫. Please help me!

04/08/16  07:25pm

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Ravenfeather32922   In reference to Message Id: 2317755

Feeding Help

Either she’s sick or severely stressed. Feed live, vitimin and mineral-dusted (no phosphorus added) live insects. What are the caging conditions? If one already died from sickness, sanitize everything it may have been in contact with. It may be a better idea to release your lizard (if it’s native to the area) and wait a while (several months) before keeping any other lizards so they don’t also get sick and die (give the disease time to clear out). If the sickness is from poor husbandry techniques, stop keeping these lizards long-term until you have more experience. At the very least, get a broad-headed skink or other super hardy, easy-to-care-for species and try that instead.

04/09/16  06:08am

Ravenfeather32922
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2317758

Feeding Help

She better! I don’t know what happened. I just checked her and she’s fine! 😵 Thx for the help anyway, I tell if this ever happens again.

04/09/16  09:22am

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area