Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

GirlyHerpy   Takahiro111   Icearstorm   Takahiro111   GirlyHerpy  

Member  Message

GirlyHerpy
View Profile

I need food.... NOW

We recently ran out of crickets, and our local petstore doesn’t have any in stock! Ive tried some mushed banana and peach baby food but he won’t take it. I can’t feed him meal worms because he will not take them please help!

03/20/16  02:41pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: GirlyHerpy   In reference to Message Id: 2317500

I need food.... NOW

Order online, way cheaper in bulk sizes then what u get at a store. Lllreptiles.com is somewhere to go

03/20/16  03:38pm

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: GirlyHerpy   In reference to Message Id: 2317500

I need food.... NOW

They can survive a few days to weeks without food if otherwise well fed and healthy, but it’s probably a good idea to get them some food as soon as possible (especially if they are young or you are trying to breed them)... Until then, you can grind meat into a paste and hand feed them or catch wild insects. To hand feed, rub or lightly pinch the sides of the lizard’s mouth and place a small amount of meat in its open mouth (about the size of a pea for an adult lizard, I’d say). Just don’t get any meat in the opening at the base of tongue (lizard could choke). This is quite time consuming to feed them in this way. For wild insects, smear something sweet on a tree and/or put up a light and collect moths that are attracted to the area or get a water/soda bottle, invert the top, and place meat or fruit in it to collect flies. You can hand feed these or simply release them in the same cage as the lizards. Wild insects are easy to feed, but not recommended if pesticides and/or herbicides are used nearby.

03/20/16  09:38pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2317507

I need food.... NOW

WC insects is a big no go for me but you can also breed your own insects and you won’t have this problem 9/10. I breed a variety of insects for my insectivores and never ran out and I go through at least 2000-3000 a month

03/21/16  09:50am

GirlyHerpy
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2317511

I need food.... NOW

Ok thanks for all the replies!!! He survived a little over a week without food, so we just drove out of town to get some crickets!! It took about an hour but was worth it! We just didn’t have time before ):. I used everyones suggestions, But not the hand feeding one because I’m scared ill hurt him, and its winter so there are no insects! Lol He’s nice and plump now xD

03/24/16  08:13pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area