Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ravenfeather32922   Ravenfeather32922   Icearstorm   Ravenfeather32922   Icearstorm   Ravenfeather32922   Eris   Ravenfeather32922   Eris   Patte   PeregrinTook   SydNewt  

Member  Message

Ravenfeather32922
View Profile

PLEASE HELP NE NOW!!!!!! PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!

PLZ HELP!!!! My male anole has a HUGE black spat by his eye ( I know what that means 😭 ) and his color is like a greenish yellow-brown. I feed him cricket and he lives in a tank with 2 other anoles. I haven’t fed him in a while cause I’ve been busy and sick but all my other anoles r fine ( don’t worry I’m feeding them now! ). As I type this he is getting dark brown spots on his head. I think he’s dying. Please help ASAP!!!!!! PLEASE IVE ALREADY LOST ONE ANOLE DONT LET ME LOSE THIS ONE, TOO!!!!!!!!

03/15/16  08:21am

Ravenfeather32922
View Profile

Message To: Ravenfeather32922   In reference to Message Id: 2317438

He is also rubbing his head on the ground. What does this mean? Plz help!!!!

03/15/16  08:24am

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Ravenfeather32922   In reference to Message Id: 2317438

Remove him from the others and do general supportive care. Face rubbing may mean he’s just eaten, is shedding, or has got a parasite or some other irritant on the area... Try cleansing the area with vinegar if a cut or parasite is seen, making sure not to get anything in the eyes. Dehydration could be an issue; mist the enclosure well. He could be starving (if his ribs are very obvious and his head and pelvic area are very bony, he probably is, considering he may not have eaten in a while). Hand feed by lightly pressing on the sides of his mouth and putting a cricket or other meat item in once he opens it.

If lizards you have continuously get sick or appear stressed, check your husbandry techniques. General guidelines: 10+ gallons of space for each lizard, keep only one male, provide full spectrum lighting, feed calcium supplements as directed and/or gut load captive-raised insects, keep temperature 70-90*F at day, never let temperature drop under freezing for more than a few hours in a row, provide cover, mist daily, quarantine reptlies prior to adding them to a group, etc. If you are doing everything right, consider that it could be a disease. In this case, separate all reptlies for several weeks, and if nothing goes wrong, you may reintroduce them. Or you can simply release the healthy ones (if they are native), and just keep the sick one. And do some more research; there’s some good info out there!

Here’s what a starving lizard looks like (my male pet store anole... pet stores can be horrible places):
http://sta.sh/0111hc3ewy2y
http://sta.sh/016wn8dhlgl2
http://sta.sh/01z0h0d419zo

And a healthy one (my current anole, a wild-caught male):
http://sta.sh/01fy8hl2w0zh
http://sta.sh/0zvtj2oefp7
http://sta.sh/0tva4dhmvd3

And I wish I knew how to use this site’s photo features.

03/15/16  06:24pm

Ravenfeather32922
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2317446

Thank you, yesterday I went out for about 3 hrs and when I came back, he was great! I had been keeping him in a baby formula container ( I didn’t have another tank ) separated from the others, so I reunited them! But then, this morning, the black spots had come back! I put him back in the container with a little mist of water and I’m gonna check on him in a few hrs.

03/16/16  07:57am

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Ravenfeather32922   In reference to Message Id: 2317452

Glad to hear he’s okay! Perhaps one of the other lizards is stressing him out; my male anole had some dark spots by his eyes and was brown most the time, so I tried removing one of the females and he turned green again. I can’t fathom why that one female bothered him, but she did for some reason...

03/16/16  12:48pm

Ravenfeather32922
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2317455

Never mind, the spot came back and he’s brown. I put him back in the container and gave him some water, but he’s not getting any better. Plz help!

03/16/16  01:35pm

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Ravenfeather32922   In reference to Message Id: 2317458

It could be stress or improper environment. I would suggest that you set up a separate enclosure for him with proper lighting/heat/humidity. That way you can keep a close eye on him and be sure he does not have competition for food/water and you can monitor how much food/water he is getting. Also it will be less stressful alone. I would be sure to keep him separate for a while, until you can be certain that he is 100% better.

It might be helpful too if you could tell us more info on him. How big of a cage, temperatures, humidity and a physical description of him.

You may also want to consider to have a vet check him out. If its not environmental stress- He may have parasites or nutritional concerns.

03/16/16  04:57pm

Ravenfeather32922
View Profile

Message To: Eris   In reference to Message Id: 2317464

He died, but thx for all the help!

03/17/16  07:49am

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Ravenfeather32922   In reference to Message Id: 2317466

I’m so sorry to hear that. It sounds like you truly loved the little guy and did all that you could. I’m sure he had a wonderful life with such a caring family and good home.

03/17/16  06:00pm

Patte
View Profile

Message To: Ravenfeather32922   In reference to Message Id: 2317466

I read your entries I was so hoping he would make it, I am truly heartsick. It’s so hard to lose them. Sorry.

05/22/16  07:59pm

PeregrinTook
View Profile

Message To: Patte   In reference to Message Id: 2318431

Thx btw I’m the same person as Ravenfeather32922 I just forgot my log in info 😆

05/23/16  12:36pm

SydNewt
View Profile

Message To: PeregrinTook   In reference to Message Id: 2318434

Hey there! Can you help me?

12/23/16  11:43pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area