Anoles-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Chorusfrog   Takahiro111   Chorusfrog   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Breeding Help?

Umm, hi, I have a brown anole male and a green anole female, but the male has a broken neck and runs in circles. Is it possible for him to breed? And if so, with my green anole female? How would I go about breeding them, put them in a small cage together? Or leave them in the old cage with the others..... I’m super confused. Any help at all would be appreciated!!!!!!

12/12/15  01:25pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Chorusfrog   In reference to Message Id: 2316061

Breeding Help?

Why don’t you take the injured lizard to the vet. And I’m sure nothing will want to breed with such an injury. Also reptiles are solitary animals they don’t need house mates that’ll only result in aggression later on especially during breeding season. But to breed only introduce a male to a female in their enclosure. But seriously if you know your lizard neck is broke that’s telling you to see a vet asap. Not to be mean/rude but in another post you wanted a house gecko or more anoles, if you can’t care for the current ones don’t buy anymore.

12/12/15  05:18pm

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316067

Breeding Help?

Actually, I have taken him to the best reptile vet I could find in Indiana, and they told me that it was a miracle he was still alive. They told me that they couldn’t do anything becaus he was so small, and they normally worked with tegus and iguanas. They said all they could do was put him to sleep, but since he didn’t look in pain not to. So, thanks for your concern, but I’ve already handled it.

12/13/15  07:42am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Chorusfrog   In reference to Message Id: 2316071

Breeding Help?

Don’t attempt to breed him with his neck broken it not a good idea plus I don’t think he’ll breed just get a new male and put with your females. Its bad that some herp vets don’t take certain lizards because their small.

12/13/15  10:06am

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area