Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Aayen   LizardLoverGirls   Icky Jackson  

Member  Message

Aayen
View Profile

Misshapen Egg

Hello Everyone,
Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I have a brown, adult anole that laid an egg one week ago. She just laid another egg today. From what I understand, this is unusual. I read they should produce an egg every 2-3 weeks. The first egg she laid looked perfectly normal, but the second egg has an indent through the middle. It almost looks like the shape of a hot dog bun. The dent goes from one end of the egg to the other. Has anyone one ever seen an egg like this before? I’m assuming that it’s not going to hatch.

07/26/14  09:30pm

LizardLoverGirls
View Profile

Message To: Aayen   In reference to Message Id: 2307977

Misshapen Egg

Well wait until the other eggs hatch if it doesn’t then set it outside and let nature take its course

07/28/14  08:53am

Icky Jackson
View Profile

Message To: Aayen   In reference to Message Id: 2307977

Misshapen Egg

Don’t worry about a misshapen egg. After being told our lizards were 99% not going to breed, which took place the same day we got the second lizard, we now have 2 babies that are adorable. Did not know when the eggs were laid but after 1st baby we found 6 more eggs. Some were misshapen the way yours are and then we had two that really were quite larger and rounder than the others. Having seen the 1st baby we were on the look out for any more but pretty much gave up due to the time frame. It was 7days later that my daughter saw the second baby! Since we don’t know when the eggs were laid we really don’t know how long the process was. I have read that they lay eggs within 10 days and they hatch in 3months. Who knows! I would not discard the eggs for at least 3months. Hope I have helped

08/15/14  01:20pm

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area