Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Anoles-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Snakenator   AnoleQueeeeen   Gogogeckos_124   Raven32922   Ravenfeather32922   Icearstorm   PeregrinTook  

Member  Message

Snakenator
View Profile

WHAT LIZARD?

I would like to know what lizard everyone would suggest as the best for me. Here are some things to keep in mind...
-small. not a monitor or tegu. something that is less than 3 ft long
-handleable. I know that lizards and reptiles are not really known to be something to be holding a lot, but
not going to run away at the first chance.
-food... i am cool with vegetables, any worms, rodents, fruits, special pellet do-das. I have snakes, not
had many lizards in the past, and this is because crickets are a NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there are no perfect lizards. I can compromise on a lot of stuff. just tell me what you think.

03/19/12  07:07pm

AnoleQueeeeen
View Profile

Message To: Snakenator   In reference to Message Id: 2259394

WHAT LIZARD?

Anoles don’t really like to be handled it causes stress. They eat mealworms, crickets, and flies. They are VERY quick if one gets loose and Brown Bahamans are very agressive or maybe it was just mine that was but my green anoles are great to watch but not social.

Maddie

03/20/12  09:48pm

Gogogeckos_124
View Profile

I new

Ok me and my sister had adopted a two lizards and I don’t know what kind they are please help me they are small and they change Colors like [green and brown] so I don’t know what they are please tell me

01/10/16  09:06pm

Raven32922
View Profile

WHAT LIZARD?

Green or brown anoles are best site and handling wise but they do have to eat crickets. If u don’t want to handle crickets then u really can’t have a lizard that u can keep healthy. Sorry.

01/28/16  09:35am

Ravenfeather32922
View Profile

Message To: Gogogeckos_124   In reference to Message Id: 2316496

I new

They r probably green anoles. But, if they always have a brownish to tint, then they r brown anoles. They both require the same care. Hope this helps!

01/29/16  07:52am

Icearstorm
View Profile

WHAT LIZARD?

Glass lizard or slow worm? I had an eastern glass lizard, and it was quite tame. It did eat crickets, but also tried to eat my green anoles, so lizards could probably make up a good portion of their diet. On top of this, they enjoy worms and beetles. They grow up to three feet long, but 2/3 of that is tail. They need a relatively large place (30 gallon tanks are a good choise) and need a bit of dirt for burrowing. I don’t have huge experience with these lizards, but they seem pretty good-natured. I would have recommended a broad-headed skink due to their ease of keeping and feeding, but they are definitely NOT the ones to handle...

01/29/16  08:57pm

PeregrinTook
View Profile

Message To: Gogogeckos_124   In reference to Message Id: 2316496

I new

I think that ur anole is a green or brown anole

05/03/16  11:11am

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area