Anoles-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Josiah4545   Atrax27407   Josiah4545  

Member  Message

Josiah4545
View Profile

How to get my Anoles to begin Mating?

Okay, I’ve had 2 green Anoles for a while now A male and Female, she seems to be quite small but is over 2 yrs old her name is April the male is Sunlit, I live in Indianapolis and the tank tends to stay around 74 degrees humidity stays to about 75 I use some kind of special dirt i got from petco in the shape of a brick, I have crickets and a mealworm colony which is very small, I’ve been thinking about seperating them for 2-3 months then reintruducing them but am worried about their stress, April is a yellow morph and tends to stay golden brown when Sunlit is bright green, she does turn green often I have fake leaves attached to a branch that lays across tank one end in a corner the other in the high corner Should i seperate them for a while if so how long and if not why not? Please help I’m tired of waiting on them well on Sunlit maybe he was born in captivity so he may not know the moves XD

12/30/11  09:17pm

Atrax27407
View Profile

Message To: Josiah4545   In reference to Message Id: 2249036

For one thing, the temperature in the enclosure is too low (see my care sheet on the other forum). If you seperate them for a mo0nth or so, they should begin mating almost immediately. Make sure that you have the lighting on 12-14 hour a day.

If your female can turn green, she is NOT a morph. A yellow morph lacks the blue pigmentation to turn green and is limited to yellow and brown.

12/31/11  07:14pm

Josiah4545
View Profile

Message To: Atrax27407   In reference to Message Id: 2249140

Oh okay and I really wasn’t sure if she was or not thanks for telling me I will tell you in a month or so if it worked! :D I have all the supplies for eggs and 8 more tanks so I may have to give some of the young ones up to a friend

01/01/12  04:08pm

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area