Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anoles-Breeding Forum

Josiah4545   AnoleQueeeeen   Josiah4545  
 Member  Message

Josiah4545
View Profile

How to encourage my anoles to mate

Hey its me Josiah I need a bit of help with my anoles I have 3 one male 2 females. My male seems as if he just doesn’t want to he may bob his head and flare his dewlap and then they bob back but then thats it he’s done, also I have got one new anole 1 of the 2 females her name is Kiwi, she may already be pregnant by an anole in PETCO, I don’t like PETCO but i believe all anoles deserve to live a better life they have all the green anoles in what looks like a 5 or 3 gallon tank >:( any how can anyone help me out if i didn’t explain enough then ask me too explain a bit better and could you tell me how i should set my tank up because that may be the problem : /

08/08/11  08:08pm

AnoleQueeeeen
View Profile

Message To: Josiah4545   In reference to Message Id: 2232214

The females are most likely pregnant and when they are he will not breed with them until they have layed their eggs. Also Brumation helps a lot. But, if he isnt breeding they are most likely pregnant females that what happened with my male green and female bahaman though i seperated them I’m waitin for her eggs(:

08/08/11  10:12pm

Josiah4545
View Profile

Message To: AnoleQueeeeen   In reference to Message Id: 2232226

Okay and Kiwi’s stomach is getting big i can make out a shape of the eggs and sadly can’t take a pic of her because i don’t have a camera but maybe next year and can you tell me if you can about how to care for the eggs (I don’t incubate I might try 1 of the eggs but no more than that i believe its messing around with their life but i am gonna keep kiwi in the tank she is in and take Sunlit and April out and i will make another post for some name ideas :D ) P.S. AnoleQueen you’ve been helpin me out a lot and thanks! ur a good pal :D

08/09/11  04:26pm

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area