Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anoles-Breeding Forum

EleninMay   AnoleQueeeeen   EleninMay   Atrax27407   EleninMay  
 Member  Message

EleninMay
View Profile

Is it normal for laying female to stop eating ?

Is normal for a female green anole to change behavior/color when she is in the process of laying her eggs? also is it normal for her to have a decreased appetite? ...

Ever since she started laying eggs (infertile in my opinion) there has been a drastic change in her behavior, she used to be curious and would come see me, now she just see’s me a she hides? even when I put food in there for her.

She is in a 10 gl tank, 50 watt buld and uvb light, its 90 degres basking spot, 75 degress cool area.

Nothing has change in the way that I take care of her, I dont know why she seems so stressed out now.

08/08/11  07:34pm

AnoleQueeeeen
View Profile

Message To: EleninMay   In reference to Message Id: 2232211

My gravid female brown doesn’t hardly eat anymore now that she is gravid.

08/08/11  10:22pm

EleninMay
View Profile

Message To: EleninMay   In reference to Message Id: 2232211

Bump

08/10/11  04:52pm

Atrax27407
View Profile

Message To: EleninMay   In reference to Message Id: 2232452

They may dig "practice holes" a week or so before they actually lay the egg. However, it is NOT normal for their appetite to decrease. In fact, you should increase the number of times you dust their prey items with Calcium while they are gravid. They need extra Calcium to properly form the egg shells.

08/10/11  10:58pm

EleninMay
View Profile

Message To: Atrax27407   In reference to Message Id: 2232484

Hmm... well then, I dont know whats going on with her... she might be eating, but before she would jump on the food as soon as I dropped it in there.. now she hides as soon as I open the lid...I never see her eat? :( I do leave a cricket or 2 in there, but the calcium or vitamins that’s on it can easily come off... they actually clean themselves, plus they have plenty of places to hide.
She looks skinnier, and her hips are showing.

Poor girl.. I dont know what I can do for her.

08/11/11  11:46pm

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area